Moving and selling your home is stressful. You want to make it as appealing to potential buyers as possible, but you don’t want to spend a fortune redecorating.
If you’re looking for budget-friendly home staging tips, you’ve come to the right place. Here are 10 cost-effective things you can do to get your home ready to sell.
- Focus on the curb appeal. It’s not uncommon for prospective buyers to do a “drive-by” viewing before setting up an actual showing. Improving the curb appeal of your home — by maintaining your lawn, painting your shutters, power washing your siding and planting flowers — will help get more potential buyers inside.
- Get rid of clutter. People who view your home need to be able to envision their own belongings in every room. Do your best to eliminate clutter and streamline décor.
- Steam clean your carpets. Renting a steam cleaner can make carpets look new and eliminate unsightly stains with minimal effort.
- Organize your closets. Potential buyers will want to open your closets and see plenty of space, so don’t just shove everything in there and shut the door.
- Rearrange furniture. Aim for symmetrical arrangements and pull couches away from the walls to give the illusion of more space.
- Utilize mirrors. Speaking of more space, hanging a mirror in a small room will make it feel and appear larger.
- Embrace neutral colors. You child may love the neon green accent wall in their room, but it’ll be in the best interest of selling your home to repaint a neutral color.
- Make your porch welcoming. Add a welcome mat, some hanging plants and a rocking chair to make the porch visually appealing as visitors enter your home.
- Spruce up your bathrooms. Put fresh soap in the soap dish, fold the towels nicely, buy a new shower curtain and consider framing your mirror.
- Appear pet-free. If you have a pet, you likely have pet odors — even if you don’t notice them anymore. Do your best to eliminate any smells or visible pet hair and stow away your furry friend’s toys for the time being.
You don’t have to go the extra mile but taking a few additional steps can make help your home sell faster and at a higher price. Try these 10 tips for easy, inexpensive house staging.