Spending extra time at home doesn’t have to be boring. In fact, we’re willing to argue that staying at home right now can be downright inspirational.
You know those DIY projects you’ve been putting off forever? Now’s the time to cross them off your list. And if you’re looking for easy DIY projects you can accomplish with minimal supplies — well, we can help with that.
Here’s a list of 10 simple DIY projects you can do at home right now:
- Clean out and organize your garage. We all have that one corner that’s become piled with stuff over the years.
- Repaint all the trim in your house. Trim has a way of getting scuffed up and ignored; yet, adding a fresh coat of paint can make the whole room look revitalized.
- Hang that gallery wall. You know all those photos you always print off and forget to frame? Now’s the time to fix that!
- Paint a piece of furniture. Turn a drab dresser or end table into a bright accent piece with chalk pain.
- Reorganize your closet. Bonus points if you hang new shelving or hooks for extra storage.
- Create a vanity space. If you’re tired of bending over the bathroom counter every morning to get ready, create a custom vanity space with a small desk, mirror and chair.
- Plant a small garden. Even if you don’t have a ton of outdoor space, growing something can give you a great sense of purpose.
- Go wild with the label maker. Start in the pantry and see where it goes from there.
- Replace all your knobs and drawer pulls. Find some eclectic knobs and drawer pulls to spruce up your dresser or kitchen cabinets.
- Frame your bathroom mirror. You knew we had to put this one on here, right?
You don’t have to be a skilled craftsmen or artist to turn one of the above DIY projects into something gratifying checked off your to-do list. And you know who can help you with that last one, don’t you?