There’s nothing quite like a little extra positivity in your life to make reaching your goals seem more possible. By placing inspirational sentiments where you can see them every day, you can find the motivation you need to make 2019 your best year yet. In fact, studies have found that writing down your goals and putting them somewhere you can see them significantly increases your chances of succeeding.
One place you’re sure to look? Your bathroom mirror. Using a dry erase marker or Post-It note, write an inspirational quote or goal on your mirror. Seeing it every day will be a great reminder of what your priorities are.
To help get your creative juices flowing, we’ve rounded up 10 inspiration quotes that provide the perfect sentiment for starting off the new year.
- “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Don’t surrender all your joy for an idea you used to have about yourself that isn’t true anymore.” – Cheryl Strayed
- “Be messy and complicated and afraid — and show up anyway.” – Glennon Doyle
- “If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it.” – Michael Jordan
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream another dream.” – C.S. Lewis
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “You can choose courage or you can choose comfort. You cannot have both.” – Brené Brown
- “Find out who you are and do it on purpose.” – Dolly Parton
- “I have come to believe that caring for myself is not self indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival.” – Audre Lorde
- “If you can’t fly, then run. If you can’t run, then walk. If you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward. “ – Martin Luther King, Jr.
What are you goals for 2019? Share your plans and a quote that inspires you in the comments section below.